Sunday 24 April 2011

Easter Sunday

Picture the scene. 

It's 5am and the alarm goes off, heavy with sleep but somehow energised I rise from bed and quickly get ready.

It's 5.20am and I leave home to the sound of bird song, who can doubt the presence of God in the wonder of creation, not I.



It's 5.30am and I stand with twenty or so others in the pre-dawn light by the side of the Maiden Erlegh Lake.  We pray, we hear the resurrection story, we sing and we witness the dawn.

Christ is risen, Alleluia!

It's 6.15am and we are eating mini eggs; watching the swans, ducks and massive fish starting their days; and sharing the fellowship of christ's love.

It's 6.30am and I am coming down my road, back home.  The sun has risen, God's son has risen; look at the light emanating on this morning.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Happy Easter.

No comments: