Saturday 16 April 2011

Ministry at home

Tomorrow is our 12th wedding anniversary.

12 years ago this was our wedding day.

Tomorrow I am scheduled on a few church rotas. I'm not "officially" on duty, but the thing about being a lay minister is that I am still involved with roles which the congregation can choose to undertake.

(yes, I think I need to review the fact that I'm on 4 rotas excluding Sunday school but that's for another day.)

Can you see the possible friction point in my house tomorrow?
I feel pulled between church and home.

Thankfully we have fantastic church wardens who understand my predicament and are arranging cover for me at church tomorrow. Thank you guys.

And so tomorrow I will minister the gospel of love and marriage in my own home; a ministry as important as any other.
Amen.

No comments: