Saturday 4 June 2011

When God first touched me

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

This was the sight out of the window this evening; the sun streaming through the clouds.  

It spoke to me, reminded me, so I took the photo.

Now it sits at the start of this post where I will share the time God first touched my life.  I guess you could say this is my testimonial.

It was 1993.
I was at the Grand Canyon.
I felt lower than ever before, or since.
I was completely overawed by the canyon. 
It blew me away with it's creational majesty.  
I just wanted to stay there;
permanently; for eternity.

Then the clouds opened.  
The sun broke through. 
The rays of sunlight came from the heavens to the floor of the canyon.

And I knew!

I knew God was there.
I felt His presence in my life.
I accepted that yes, God was there and had me safe in His love.

I stepped back from the edge of the canyon.
I stepped back into God's arms.
Right then I knew His love.

It took me another 11 years to find a church.
Eleven years of seeking,
learning,
trusting,
loving and knowing
that God had me.

I am blessed to be here.
I am thankful to God for stepping in that day.

Forever rays of sun through the clouds will remind me of that day when God first touched me. me.
11 years of seeking,
learning,
trusting,
loving and
knowing that God had me.

I am blessed to be here.
I am thankful to God for stepping in that day.

Forever rays of sun through the clouds will remind me of that day when God first touched me.

No comments: