Saturday 2 July 2011

Carpal tunnel frustrations

I'm going to be blogging less, not through choice, definitely not, but through necessity.  I have carpal tunnel and have to rest my left hand.

I've had weird numbness, dribbling and jerkiness in the left hand for months and now at least we know what it is.  

The treatment is simple, a wrist splint, but it means I can't type properly and I'm also aching a lot.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

I think I might have to either vlog or write much shorted posts, somehow all these thoughts and ideas and inspirations have to come out.

Today I'm reflecting on how many more physical and health issues I need; and realising that through my experiences it helps me understand and empathise with others.  A positive thought in my slightly depressed day.

2 comments:

UKViewer said...

Emma,

Sorry you are suffering from this, it's a real nuisance. A friend of mine ended up having op's on both wrists due to it. He was a programmer so it stopped him working for over three months. No work=No income for him.

The funny thing, is that I have been typing extensively since the 1960's. One of the main tools of my job wherever I have been. And have never suffered. Perhaps due to having been formally trained by the army as a typist and proper stance and position for hands and arms etc?

Hope you are able to continue you, as we would miss your blogging. But take it easy until things ease off.

Lay Anglicana said...

So sorry, Emma. We look forward to reading whatever you feel you can write - twittering more? And above all, as UKViewer says, we look forward to your recovery!
Laura