Friday 15 July 2011

Opening the 33rd Helen and Douglas House shop in Woodley

On Wednesday morning, Woodley Precinct was busier than usual, in fact there was s crowd!  This was not something I'd seen before so I went and joined in.

I was just in time for the grand opening of the 33rd Helen and Douglas House shop in Woodley.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

The opening was done by Jonty Hearnden (antiques expert off the telly)  with an introduction by Sister Francis about why she started the first hospice.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Helen house is a hospice providing end of life care and whole family support. And nearby, catering for 16 to 35 year olds is Douglas house.  It costs £4million a year to keep the houses running, and we can help by shopping.

So come and shop but also come donate your quality, usable items.  The network also take furniture, so if you'd like to donate to a good cause then ring the shop to arrange this.  

I'm thrilled I got to the opening of the store, it's a charity close to my heart and one I look forward to supporting in this simple way.

No comments: