Saturday 30 July 2011

Sister by Rosamund Lupton

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

I don't often review books; but this one has touched me deeply and I feel moved to share.

I think this book was part of a "list" of summer reads but I can't be sure.  What I do know is that I'm thrilled to have stumbled upon it.

The book is a thriller, a crime novel; but more than that it's a love story about sisters.  It has two important threads running through it which stand alone yet inter-weave and ultimately make the ending unmissable.

The characters are so real, I feel like I know them as friends; and certainly I'd be thrilled to meet them for a coffee.

The thriller aspect is captivating.  I read the second half in a day, barely able to put the book down as I was caught up in it.

The love story is beautiful and emotionally vivid.  I laughed, cried and felt the different relationships both between the sisters and with the other characters.

It's a beach read.
A commuting on the train read.
A curled up in bed read.

It's a must read!

No comments: