Tuesday 23 August 2011

Greenbelt 2011 - music I hope to hear

Martyn Joseph
A Greenbelt must see.

Billy Bragg
Billy Bragg activist fusing rock with folk, Bragg said: "My theory is this; I'm not a political songwriter. I'm an honest songwriter. I try and write honestly about what I see around me now." 

Arun Gosh
Arun Ghosh fuses modern jazz with hip-hop, rock and Asian rhythms and ragas. He was my accidental find from last year. .

Soweto Kinch
One of the most exciting and versatile young musicians in the British jazz and hip hop scenes,  Soweto is - the man.

Get Cape Wear Cape Fly
Looking forward to seeing Sam and his band on Mainstage when they headline on Saturday night.

IDMC Gospel Choir
i adore gospel, enough said.

the Austin francis connection
Describing themselves as "the Beastie Boys' Gloucestershire-based cousins", they've released their debut album The Album this year.

Listener
Listener combine poetry and stomping rhythms to make an authentic, hollering noise to wake all of the American South.

Idlewild
blast from the past.

Fischy Music
hoping to introduce Rachel to all the joy and creativity they offer.

Swing, swing, swing with the Greenbelt jazz orchestra
I love jazz and this looks like the best bits of all areas of jazz.

Kate Rusby
really cool folk - yea, really!

Luke Leighfield
I bought the album after hearing them last year, this year their the Last Orders house band - fab.

The Unthanks
I have eclectic music tastes, here I'll hear them all in one.



 

No comments: