Wednesday 28 September 2011

Memories flood in

As Babyloss Awareness Week approaches I am preparing for the service of remembrance, finding music, poetry and prayers. I'm obviously more tuned into my emotions through this and more aware of my grief, but it certainly does seem strange quite how many reminders are around.

I was clearing out my handbags at the weekend; in one I found Kendi's last scan, in another the teddy I bought when he died, bought so that I could carry a reminder of him with me.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Then in a session on prayer we were asked to pick the image that spoke to us and look what was there
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

And I saw it again yesterday, on a bookshelf, when I was speaking to a woman about Babyloss.

These images might be meaningless to most people, but to me they trigger memories and together hold great meaning.

If you would like to support the Babyloss awareness campaign then please consider wearing a ribbon.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

No comments: