Friday 14 October 2011

Babyloss Remembrance Service Poems

Service of Remembrance for babies lost before or shortly after birth.
3pm on Saturday 15th October 2011 at St Nicolas, Earley.

“Footprints” by Dorothy Ferguson
How very softly you tiptoed into my world.
Almost silently,
Almost a moment you stayed.
But what an imprint
Your footsteps have left
Upon my heart.


“Forget me not” by an unknown author
Forget me not
My little one
You have left us too soon
Though my body can no longer hold you
I hold you forever in my heart
As precious and beautiful as this flower caught in time
A mother's love does not forget.


“They say there is a reason” by an unknown author
They say there is a reason,
They say that time will heal,
But neither time nor reason,
Will change the way I feel,
For no-one knows the heartache,
That lies behind our smiles,
No-one knows how many times,
We have broken down and cried,
We want to tell you something,
So there won't be any doubt,
You're so wonderful to think of
But so hard to be without.

No comments: