Saturday 1 October 2011

Writing prayers

I love writing prayers, it's a wonderful mix of praise and poetry. Normally the words come easily, they flow from me just as they do in quiet prayer. But as my blog has been quieter, so have my prayers become fewer. I feel like I've been silenced in some way, or perhaps "stilled" is a better word. The formal words won't come; I'm more disjointed.

This would not normally be a problem, except that I have had a number of prayers to write this week for different events. It's been a challenge and I've had to go "unprepared" and trusting in God to provide the words. And...Of course He has!

But this morning I decided to pray for words; for guidance and guess what.... It came, words came, prayers have been written.

Prayer has answered my request for prayer.

No comments: