Thursday 19 January 2012

19th January 2012 Mark 3:7-12

Crowds Follow Jesus
Jesus withdrew with his disciples to the lake, and a large crowd from Galilee followed.  When they heard about all he was doing, many people came to him from Judea, Jerusalem, Idumea, and the regions across the Jordan and around Tyre and Sidon. Because of the crowd he told his disciples to have a small boat ready for him, to keep the people from crowding him.  For he had healed many, so that those with diseases were pushing forward to touch him.  Whenever the impure spirits saw him, they fell down before him and cried out, “You are the Son of God.”  But he gave them strict orders not to tell others about him.


Why did Jesus not want people to know what he was doing? Was he fearful of the ramifications?  Did he know that there would be a backlash?

These verses don't sit easily with me today, I just can't easily accept that Jesus asked for less people to come forward.

Lord I feel confused by the words I read today, they don't feel like the Jesus I know.  Please guide me through this confusion and see the meaning within.  Amen

No comments: