Wednesday 25 January 2012

25th January 2012 Matthew 19:27-end


Peter answered him, “We have left everything to follow you! What then will there be for us?”  Jesus said to them, “Truly I tell you, at the renewal of all things, when the Son of Man sits on his glorious throne, you who have followed me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife or children or fields for my sake will receive a hundred times as much and will inherit eternal life. But many who are first will be last, and many who are last will be first.

I used to think this meant that those who tried to do good for God would be at the bottom of the pile when time was ended.  It was one of those things I didn't ask anyone about, I just accepted wrongly.

Luckily at some point I did look into the real meaning and boy am I glad I did.  Those that are all about power will be last, those that give their all will be first.

And further good news, none will be excluded.
Hallelujah.

Father we thank you that your truths are revealed to us. Amen

No comments: