Thursday 26 January 2012

26th January Mark 4:21-25


A Lamp on a Stand
He said to them, “Do you bring in a lamp to put it under a bowl or a bed? Instead, don’t you put it on its stand? For whatever is hidden is meant to be disclosed, and whatever is concealed is meant to be brought out into the open. If anyone has ears to hear, let them hear.”

 “Consider carefully what you hear,” he continued. “With the measure you use, it will be measured to you—and even more. Whoever has will be given more; whoever does not have, even what they have will be taken from them.”


I love this passage, don't keep your light under a bush.  And more importantly, don't hide God's light under a bush!

I had a clear faith in my twenties but hadn't found s church and preferred not to be talking about it.  Sure part of this was that I was trying to figure stuff out, but also it was about wondering what people would think or say.

It was such a relief when I could finally start showing myself as a Christian and talking about it.  And boy has God used that.  God was waiting for me to show his light and now it's a beaming ray.

Lord help us to show your light in the world, for your good and our own.  Amen

No comments: