Wednesday 18 January 2012

We all love a fascinator, especially when clubbing

Well maybe not everyone, but I love fascinators and especially in the heat of summer much prefer to wear a fascinator than a hat.  But apparently they're not good enough for Ascot any more.  In fact they're more appropriarte for nightclubs.  I know you think I'm mad but please don't blame the bearer of the news, instead read the words of the spokesman of Ascot himself who said

"There is no doubt our customers would like to get back to a situation where it is universally acknowledged this is a formal occasion and not an occasion where you might dress as you would at a nightclub."

I obviously am more out of touch with the UK clubbing scene than I thought, because I had no idea fascinators were popular amongst the pubs and clubs on Friday nights.

Perhaps this is a new style trend?
I would pay good money for a photo of a clubber wearing a fascinator.

No comments: