Wednesday 25 January 2012

Week of Prayer for Christian Unity Day Eight

Here are the questions posed by CTBI for Day Eight of the week of prayer for christian unity, the subject is uniting.

1. How have you been changed in your appreciation of other Christians?
I suppose I've been constantly changed through my life since I started CofE, went through a period with the Methodists, dabbled with the Baptists and have enjoyed worship in free churches.  Now I am back in the Anglican communion I realise that this journeying has helped me know where my home is, but it has also helped me know how similar we actually are and how wonderful we are as a whole.

2 Where do you see change happening now in you and in your community?
There are so many ways which the churches in my immediate community work together, for the elderly, the children, the deprived, the homeless; it is such a celebration to see us be as one and know that we are not in competition but on the same team.

3 Is there another step you can take now towards unity?
I have plans to organise a show of Joseph and the Technicolour Dreamcoat in Earley, involving all the churches.  As yet it's an idea I'm voicing with a few but I hope that this time next year we will be able to say it was a great way to share and celebrate together.  watch this space.


Creator God, in whom all life is held together, help all Christians to unite in the communion of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Amen.

No comments: