Tuesday 31 January 2012

What are your favourite bible verses?


Bible Gateway have published their most popular bible verses of 2011 as searched for using their system.
I am quite surprised by the results; the verses wouldn't even make my top 10 list:
1 - Jeremiah 29:11
2 - John 3:16
3 - Philippians 4:13
4 - Proverbs 3:5-6
5 - Romans 8:28

Which of course means I started thinking about my own top five Bible verses.  It's been interesting trying to narrow it down, but this is my current top five:

1 - Matthew 28:19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit

2 - Genesis 9:16 Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth

3 - Luke 1:38 "I am the Lord’s servant,” Mary answered. “May your word to me be fulfilled.” Then the angel left her

4 - Acts 2:4 All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues[a] as the Spirit enabled them

5 - Psalm 23:6 Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever

What would your top five bible verses be?

3 comments:

Karen said...

Revelation 21:4 :-)

Karen said...

Revelation 21:4 :-)

Kathryn de Belle said...

I could have a field day (whatever one of those is) with this question, but I struggle to remember references.
John 21,15-17 would be my first. I'll get back to you with 4 others.