Thursday 19 January 2012

Why wait till Easter?

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

This is the snack in question; the Malteaster with the advertising tag line 

Why wait till Easter?

Words almost fail me, but not entirely......

1. Easter is a Christian festival, a set point in time - something you wait for.

2. Easter is preceded by Lent which is exactly about THE waiting.

3. Lent doesn't even start until Fevruary, we've only just got through Christmas.

4. There's enough chocolate in the shops year round, surely Easter chocolate can wait till then.

5. What does the chocolate covered honeycomb have to do with Easter? 

I have to stop my list there, it's just too much to keep thinking about.  I won't be partaking in this before, or even during Easter, out of pure protest.

Of course I now have to ask myself why a certain brand of Creme Egg doesn't annoy me in the same way.

1 comment:

Karen said...

What's a bunny got to do with Easter too?

On another note, did you know that I was on the Mars chocolate panel that decided on the taste, packaging, marketing and size of that little chocolate bunny? I had a great year - free chocolate and got paid for it!