Wednesday 21 March 2012

The hope of Jesus



This week the Faithful Blogging Prompt is #47 which asks "What are you currently studying in the Bible?" Well today we, the leadership team, went to Burnham Abbey for a day of prayer and reflection on the hope of Jesus.




We thought about the hope we see and feel from others; an exercise to help us really understand what hope means to us individually.
We then prayed about the way we each engender and portray hope; I found thus really hard, to think about whether I engender hope and how. It had me in tears but in a good way.

Next we looked at the hope of Jesus on Maundy Thursday amidst the knowledge of what was to happen to him. We thought about how Jesus knew what was going to happen and how he had hope for the future, the purpose and the plan. This is what can be so hard, to trust God and follow His plan for us.

My favourite as part of hope with Jesus was around Jesus' action, but that's no surprise from me who likes to be busy. We looked at how Jesus embodied hope in his healing and teaching ministry.

And the hardest way of thinking abut hope? For me that was the hope in the quiet times, in the inaction, in the quiet. I know there is hope in tst but I can't see it for myself.

It has been fabulous to think about what the gospels say about Jesus and hope and I came away with a decision to pray about how I can still be hope filled and hopeful even when I am resting and inactive. It matters for me and my appreciation of others.

Where do you find your hope in Jesus?

1 comment:

Tishia said...

Great post. I liked when you said, "It has been fabulous to think about what the gospels say about Jesus and hope and I came away with a decision to pray about how I can still be hope filled and hopeful even when I am resting and inactive." I think it's important for us to always be hope filled & hopeful. Glad that you used the Faithful Blogging Prompt :-)

Tishia
Faithful Bloggers Network Staff