Tuesday 1 May 2012

A Small Charity a Day in May - Introduction

I work with and support many small charities, they are the backbone of the care structure in this country and fill the space that so many public service cuts have left. I have been wanted to highlight them for some time and then realised I could ask other people to suggest their favourite charities and make it a celebration. With that A charity a day in May was born.

Through this month I will highlight 31 small charities. The first week will be those Close to Home, the second week will be themed as When pregnancy goes wrong, the third week will be those who are Caring and Sharing and the fourth week Taking and Saving, the month will conclude with International small charities.

Each Sunday I will open a linky for you to link up any posts you write about your favourite small charity; so get thinking and writing and together we'll raise the awareness of the charities which tend to slip under the radar.

No comments: