Sunday 24 June 2012

LLM Calling in the Reading Paper

I was amazed on Friday to see that this lovely blog of mine was in the local newspaper. What a thrill.

Blogging Mum Makes National Final

A mum from Lower Earley has been named as a finalist in a national blogging awards scheme.

Emma Major, a licensed lay minister, is a finalist in the 2012 Brilliance in Blogging Awards.

Her blog, LLM Calling, is an account of her life as a minister, mum and serial charity volunteer.

The blogger said: “I am thrilled to be a finalist, especially since LLM Calling is the first Christian blog to be short-listed.

“I love the process of writing the blog and sharing my faith and life with my readers; it is a very real part of my ministry. It is so touching to know that people enjoy my writing enough that they nominated and voted for me in these awards.”

Mrs Major started the blog in 2009, intending to document the process of selection and training for lay ministry in the Church of England.

More than 50,000 votes were cast with the minister’s blog featuring in the Change category.

The awards will be held on the first night of the BritMums conference in London on Friday.

No comments: