Wednesday 1 August 2012

Help bereaved parents in their Saying Goodbye



As you know if you read this blog, I have had four babies die before they were born. I am lucky enough to have their sister here on earth, but I live each day with a hole in my heart where they were. Over the years I have volunteered with the Miscarriage Association, taking calls on the telephone from women needing support; raised awareness with the Babyloss Awareness Campaign; run an annual service of remembrance and started a local support group.

Now I am thrilled to tell you that I have become a Saying Goodbye Advocate; a new and exciting part of my calling in this important ministry. In this role I will continue supporting people whose babies have died and providing support in my local area; whilst also raising awareness nationally and supporting the work of Saying Goodbye.

Saying Goodbye is the first national set of remembrance services for people who have suffered the loss of a baby at any stage of pregnancy, at birth or in infancy. The services, organised by CCEM in partnership with the Miscarriage Association, are for women who have suffered loss, their partners, their children and their extended family and friends. The services are free to attend and are being held from September 2012 onwards. They will be at Exeter Cathedral, St Mary's Cathedral Edinburgh, York Minster, Birmingham Cathedral, Cardiff Cathedral, St. Paul's Cathedral London and Bristol Cathedral with more locations coming in 2014.

My first task for Saying Goodbye is to recruit a group of bloggers who wish to do their bit in supporting bereaved families. If you are reading this and want to do something to help, then this is your chance; please volunteer to become a Saying Goodbye Supporter and blog on behalf of this amazing organisation. Every blog post has the ability to reach another bereaved family who might not know there is support available; imagine the difference you could make.

If you'd like to be involved in raising awareness and blogging about the services then please email me at emmuk74@gmail.com.

If you've been affected by this post or would like more information then please visit the Saying Goodbye website at http://www.sayinggoodbye.org/




No comments: