Thursday 4 October 2012

A to Z of babyloss


Babyloss awareness day and the international wave of light are held every year on the 15th October 2012.   This year I will be blogging my personal A to Z of babyloss along with Mel at Finley Footprints and other bloggers who wish to remember their babies and raise awareness of miscarriage, still birth and babyloss.  I have put together a range of poems which will be an insight into my experience of the death of my babies and will share these through the month of October in the order shown here
A Angels
B Baby

C Compassion
D Death
E Empty
F Feelings
G God
H Hole
I Invisible
J Jinxed
K Kendi
L Leof
M Mummy
N Never
O Options
P Prayer
Q Questions
R Rachel
S Saying Goodbye
T Tears
U Unforgettable
V Veil
W Wailing
X Xxxxx and ooooo
Y You
Z Zipped up Grief  


Dear Lord
This month especially we bring before you all families of babies who have died too soon.  We know that you have them safe in your loving arms but we miss them.  Please give them a kiss from us. 
Amen.

If you would like to know more about my work on Babyloss then please visit the following posts:
Service of Prayer for babies who die before birth - a new liturgy for churches
Resources for Babyloss Prayer Services - poems, music and hymns
A baby dies; how do we mourn? - my experience and the reality of grief

12 comments:

andie@multiplemama said...

This topic just breaks my heart. Both because I lost my first pregnancy and because I have four children I can not imagine life without.

LLM Calling said...

God Bless Andie, I hope today is kind to you xxx

Anonymous said...

I've heard a rumour that these poems are being brought together into a book, is it true? I really hope so because the world needs to see them.

Anonymous said...

it's it true that these will be a book soon? how can we buy it?

Anonymous said...

reading these breaks my heart but also heals it, thank you for writing such truths. is it being published wider at all?

Anonymous said...

do you mind if I link to these poems from my miscarriage support group site?

Anonymous said...

Emma thank you, for sharing your heart, it is a real gift to others. thank you.

LLM Calling said...

I'm so sorry I didn't see your comment earlier, I wasnt being told about anonymous comments. the rumour is right, I'd just like to know where it got out from. I hope it'll be out on kindle in February and in.physical book by Easter. thank you for visiting and commenting

LLM Calling said...

hello, yes that's true. it will be sold as a kindle ebook and there will also be a physical book run.

LLM Calling said...

thank you for commenting, it means so much to get feedback. it is being published, available very soon

LLM Calling said...

you are very welcome, they are gifts from me to anyone who needs them.

LLM Calling said...

thank you, the fact that people like them is such a comfort.