Saturday 3 November 2012

NaNoWriMo I don't think I have a novel in me

You've heard writers say "I know I've got a novel in me I just need to let it out" or is that "get it out"?  I'm not sure.

I've never really felt the same, I've just not felt that I have a "novel" inside me.  I know there are lots of stories, poems, thoughts, experiences to share; but not a work of imagination in pure prose aka a novel.

However I wanted to check my assumption and have a go; so I signed up to join in with National Novel Writing Month NaNoWriMo.

Now I know you're thinking that I'm drawing conclusions too soon, that we're only on the third day of November; but trust me, I know what being inspired to write feels like, and I haven't felt it.

However I have written loads of poetry which otherwise I might not have written, all of a much more narrative and storytelling form that my usual style.  So I'm going to persevere with NaNoWriMo but with a slight tweak. 

I'm doing EmPoWriMo
Emma's
Poetry
Writing
Month

And I'll be blogging what gets produced.

Watch this space, it could get
interesting/
weird/
inspired/
strange/
funny/
................


No comments: