Thursday 13 December 2012

A to Z of children's work: demonstrate

This poem is the fourth in the series of 24 poems about children's work, especially focusing on work with children in a church setting. I hope you enjoy them.

Telling stories
Colouring in
Making models
Ask and answering
These are fine, I suppose
But better is demonstrating

Showing what you really mean
Acting out the entire scene
Allowing much exploration
Bringing to life everything
That is how to really engage
Children of any age

2 comments:

Erin said...

Beautiful words and so true! Bringing things to life is the best way to learn. :)

Jenny said...

This made me think of that old saying, 'Do as I say, not as I do.'

Isn't it true. Words often disperse immediately out of our minds...but things we see tend to stay forever!

Thanks for a delightful and thoughtful link to the letter D.

A+