Friday 14 December 2012

Calamity

She's falling to thrive
Why?
We don't know
Off to hospital we go
Quite yellow isn't she
Yes, help her please
Go to third floor
We can't take much more
Oh, she's very dehydrated
Help her, she's only 3 days old
She'll need to be admitted
I'll stay
You can't, there's nothing you can do
I can't go home
You have to
Nooooooooo
Our baby
She'll be ok
I can't leave her
We have to
Nooooooooooo
I can't loose another baby

This was by far the worst calamity I've ever felt, leaving Rachel in the special care baby unit at 3 days old. She was home safe and well and healthy a week later but it still haunts me.  This is linked up at real toads for calamities, go and visit other poems, you'll be amazed

4 comments:

Kerry O'Connor said...

The well-being of our children is all that really matters.

Fireblossom said...

I can't imagine how difficult this must have been, but I'm glad it had a positive outcome and baby came home where she belongs.

Jennifer Wagner said...

A gut-wrenching experience to go through...so glad she made it!

Margaret said...

I can't FATHOM why a mother couldn't stay!!! My mother's heart was truly squeezed here.