Friday 11 January 2013

Hysteria: A to Z of children's work

Often on a Sunday morning
I worry about hysteria
Everyone loosing the plot
Running around getting crazier

The noise
The shock
The chaos
That'll erupt

Then I remind myself
That I just need to
Follow God's plan
The kids can always be hysterical too

Xxxx

This is the poem for the letter H of the A to Z of children's work; I reckon I must be feeling pretty hysterical to write it but it's what came to me - always good to keep a sense of humour when working with kids.

4 comments:

Lmkazmierczak said...

Ordinary Words...Good H word. Had the flu bug visiting and finally getting caught up♫ Be Janu-wary!

Anonymous said...

good luck in the morning - how no one is hysterical

Unknown said...

When kids are hysterical, I give them something to do to calm them down, and a "time out" when they don't follow my instructions. You have a lot of influence and power that you may not be using? :):)

Jenny said...

Oh wow.

I remember these years quite well.

And their hysterical-ness made me feel hysterical.

This brought back a lot of memories for me!

Thank you!

A+