Saturday 16 February 2013

What to give up? #lent

How do I decide
What to give up this lent?
How do I choose
Which plan do I rent?

In past years I have done
Everything on the list
Chocolate given up
Also sweets and crisps

But this year something else
Is being thought about
Instead of giving up
I'll be giving out

Giving out my time
Giving out my prayers
Giving out my thoughts
Whilst ... Giving up my fears

I can't do it alone
That would be a rod
What lent's really about
Is relying now on God

Xxxxx

This is inspired by 40 acts #4 - get uncomfortable.  Today I did. Now let's see where it takes me.

3 comments:

Audrey Howitt aka Divalounger said...

Clever write and meaningful!

dsnake1 said...

nice write! very positive vibes. :)

Margaret said...

Last year I gave of my time towards prayer. The best thing I ever did. I liked this a lot - powerful words of wisdom.