Tuesday 5 March 2013

Through my eyes

Cars go by
Some park up
Trees wave in the wind
Flowers hide in the dark

People chat as they go
Wondering along
I don't see
For long

Shadows, yes
Some outlines too
But the details are lost
In the haze and the dew

So I put on my specs
I clear up my sight
I see it all now
Alright

I wish
Sometimes
I could stay in a blur
Walking around half blind

Not seeing all that pain
And the hurt they wear
Whilst others smile
With no care

But, no
Life's still here
There to be seen
In all it's states laid bare

One day I'll avert my eyes
To protect my heart
When I can
I'll start

If I can
I'll turn away
I'll be blind to it all
But I can't see that day

Xxxx

Inspired by the photo and linked up at bifocal univision.

1 comment:

Bubba said...

I had a feeling my blurry pic would leave more to the imagination, and it seems I was right so far.

Thanks for playing M.M.P.P. again this week, Emma! See you next Monday!