Wednesday 18 February 2015

Daily Lectionary in Poetry Tuesday 17th February 2015



Psalm 110:1-4

The Lord says to my lord,
    “Sit at my right hand
until I make your enemies your footstool.”
2 The Lord sends out from Zion
    your mighty scepter.
    Rule in the midst of your foes.
3 Your people will offer themselves willingly
    on the day you lead your forces
    on the holy mountains.[a]
From the womb of the morning,
    like dew, your youth[b] will come to you.
4 The Lord has sworn and will not change his mind,
    “You are a priest forever according to the order of Melchizedek.”
________________________________________________________

The Lord says
Sit at my right hand
You are to rule
They will follow you
You are a priest
Forever you will be
_________________________________________________________

Job 19:23-27

“O that my words were written down!
    O that they were inscribed in a book!
24 O that with an iron pen and with lead
    they were engraved on a rock forever!
25 For I know that my Redeemer[a] lives,
    and that at the last he[b] will stand upon the earth;[c]
26 and after my skin has been thus destroyed,
    then in[d] my flesh I shall see God,[e]
27 whom I shall see on my side,[f]
    and my eyes shall behold, and not another.
    My heart faints within me!
________________________________________________________

I wish my words were written
I wish they could last forever
For I know God lives
I know He rules the world
He will be here forever
Long after me
It amazes me
I wish I could write it down
_________________________________________________________


1 Timothy 3:14-16

The Mystery of Our Religion
14 I hope to come to you soon, but I am writing these instructions to you so that, 15 if I am delayed, you may know how one ought to behave in the household of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and bulwark of the truth. 16 Without any doubt, the mystery of our religion is great:

He[a] was revealed in flesh,
    vindicated[b] in spirit,[c]
        seen by angels,
proclaimed among Gentiles,
    believed in throughout the world,
        taken up in glory.

________________________________________________________

I am on my way
But if I am delayed
I am writing to you
Just in case
The mystery of our faith is great
Jesus was revealed in flesh
He showed truth in spirit
He was seen by angels
He was shared with gentiles
He is believed across the world
He is glorious to all
_________________________________________________________

No comments: