Saturday 10 October 2015

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone Illustrated Edition #BookReview

I was so excited to receive my copy of J. K. Rowling's Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone book illustrated by Jim Kay.  The cover alone was a thrill with it's depiction of Platform 9 and 3/4 complete with Harry, his cases and Hedwig.

Inside the illustrations bring the story to life afresh, managing to banish the movie images in my head (not that I have any problems with those) and somehow heightening those I had imagined when I first read the books.

There are dark, brooding scenes which capture the emotional lows of Harry's first year as a wizard; as well as bright spectacles of celebration.

This is a book I will spend hours revisiting; bringing the story to life again and again.  A coffee table book to flick through and enjoy in small chunks or large sessions.  A joy to behold.

No comments: