Friday 27 January 2012

Psalms on Planes cause offence

I am getting used to many strange complaints abour religious materials, it seems that anything religious is up for banning these days and to be honest I tend not to be worried about it.  God will find a way, just look at the proliferation of faith discussions online.

But today this really caught my eye for it's craziness.
Alaska Airlines has removed a little card at each seat with the words "Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good. His love endures forever."  from psalms 100, 118 and 136 amongst others, because people have complained about having religion on their flight.

I do wonder what the world's coming to when a card with a psalm an cause offence.  I might decide to ban all nuts because they're a very real risk to my health, somehow though I doubt my life and death argument would carry as much weight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is ridiculous mostly because heaven forbid the plane crashed almost every single one of the passengers would be praying to God!!!! x
www.atwentysomethingmum.blogspot.com

LLM Calling said...

too funny :)